Marketing Communications & Events Coordinator
Turbine Incubator Limited
Closing Date 26.10.17
- The Turbine is ENL’s start-up incubator and co-working space. It was launched in 2015 in order to help start-ups based in Mauritius grow and enter new markets in the Indian Ocean region and the African continent.
- The Turbine is looking for a Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator who is passionate about supporting the entrepreneurial space in Mauritius, and who is eager to join a small growing and dynamic organization.
- This key role would ideally suit a candidate who brings a positive can-do attitude and a proven experience in event management, public relation, digital and traditional communication. The Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator is a key player in driving The Turbine brand awareness and creating significant new opportunities for start-ups to connect with the Turbine.
- The Turbine is looking for a versatile writer, strategic thinker, and creator of impactful and memorable events. The Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator will work closely with the Start-Up Coordinator and the Turbine Program Manager to promote the Turbine services by composing content that inspires, assembling presentations that have a long-lasting impact on audiences, and to plan and deliver events that powerfully demonstrate the Turbine ability to support start-ups, entrepreneurs and innovations.
- To define the marketing and communications strategy in line with the incubator’s vision and mission o Writing web content, blogs, press releases, bylined articles, and case studies. To develop and implement the social media communications strategy.
- To create original concepts for marketing content that results in effective and compelling communication.
- To plan and promote all events, held at the Turbine onsite, or at outside venues.
- To animate and organise the events, creating a Turbine experience and offering our signature at every event.
- To analyze success of the events and communication strategy and propose creative new improvements.
- To provide ad-hoc support to start-ups on marketing and communication.
Profile of candidate
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of marketing experience, including two to three years of experience leading event management.
- Deep understanding of social media use and impact o Impeccable attentiveness to detail
- Strong sense of creativity with innovative strategic thinking capabilities.
- Proven written communication skills in French and English.
- Strong business and marketing acumen used to achieve targets/objectives.
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances and to work on different projects at a time.
- Natural curiosity and ability to work in a team.
- Start as soon as possible
- Applications can also be sent on hello @turbine.mu